TRICELL
March 29, 2024, 03:40:54 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Resident Evil Dark Side Chronicles: Concept Art NEW!

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Versus Mode Review

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Versus Mode Review  (Read 646 times)
Leonsfangirl
Tricell's Head Supervisor
Tricell's Head Researcher

X Box live I.D = jen1zzle

View Profile
« on: April 09, 2009, 08:39:52 am »

Good Afternoon  afro cool

Right some of you are undecided on downloading this little added extra, so as i already have and played it for a few hours i thought i'd voice my opinion on it to give you some insight and help you decided.

First off im going to give you a quick run through of the modes and stuff before i get into the nitty gritty.

SLAYERS.
Plays pretty much the same as Mercenaries but your fighting against other players for the highest score AND they get points for taking you out!

Team Slayers.
Is 2 men (or woman!) teams trying to get the highest score and attack the other team which can get confusing if theres multiples of the same character (Midnight Wesker is a favourite)

In Slayers mode the 8 maps you can play through are exactly the same as Mercenaries so those of you who have been playing Mercs for hours will have a good knowledge of the areas.

SURVIVORS.
This is all about Player Vs Player, there are a few Majini as a moderate threat and more of a distraction from the task at hand.

Team Survivors.
Again you and whoever your paired with have a joint mission to kill the other team and stop each other from dying and adding to your opponants point total.

The maps in Survivors are the same areas but with slight differences so whereas on Mercs there would have been a dead end you could now find an alley,door or ladder and reversed so an alley could be sealed.

PLAYING SLAYERS.

I found it rather enjoyable BUT for someone who doesn't play Mercenaries it can be near impossible at first as you have to concentrate on killing the majini AND killing other players whilst trying to keep yourself from recieving any damage. In Slayers mode your point worth to another player is that of a Boss enemy so don't be mistaken in thinking that players will kill the majini over you. If you die in Slayers mode your Respawned at a random place on the map (which sometimes puts you right in the line of fire)

Team Slayers however i had LOADS of fun playing, get yourself a good partner and its great! but if you get stuck with an idiot they will shoot you which has happened to me more than once. I'd personally suggest playing this if you want a more challening Mercenaries game as thats all it is really, Mercs with LIVE COMPETION with a brain (most of the time!)

PLAYING SURVIVORS

Like i stated above its all about Player Vs Player, Majini kills get you ZERO points BUT they have a 100% loot drop rate so if you need ammo or health its worth killing them to get your supplies up. Combos also play NO PART as the points you get only from inflicting damage to other players and it is vital that you avoid taking damage yourself as this costs you points and helps your enemy in wining the game.

I found that i was wondering around alot here as the maps are quite large in size so trying to find someone to kill is more luck than skill and i often resorted to killing Majinis just to give me something to do (A maximun of 6 majini will appear at any one time on most maps but on the Village its only 4) having said that when you do find other players it's not bad, head to head battles with Wesker should be avoided as the magnum has you in dying status pretty fast! and trying to find Tribal Sheva when shes hitting you from afar with her longbow is damn near impossible as she has no laser sight giving her position away.

Team Survivors has a slight edge over the rogue approach again only if you have a good partner, As you can search for the other team with a higher success rate and flush out the enemy and ambush them. I found myself in a great little game with  tribal Sheva this morning where they picked off the other team from a distance while i pushed them in to there line of fire and stopped any attacking majini from inflicting damage on my partner.

Overall Verses mode is (i think) worth the 400 points or the few dollers/euros/pounds they are currently asking for it, for me the Team Slayers mode holds the most fun for me as i like having someone around to back me up as i'm not the best Mercs player (Wesker can tell you how fast my aiming is  Roll Eyes ) and having the added danger of another team hunting you ups the enjoyment of it for me anyway.

Point scoring system for Survivors.

The point system for Slayers is the same as Mercs with the added points you get for killing another playing being the same as a Boss (E.g you get the same amount of points for taking out the other Chris than you would the Executioner)

With survivors however it depends on the WEAPON you use to kill the other player, heres a table for the damage each weapon deals and the score you get for using it.

WEAPON                                          DAMAGE                                          SCORE
Knife                                                 150                                                 100
Handgun                                          100                                                 100
Machine Gun                                     35                                                    50
Shotgun (range 0-1.5m)                   700                                                 1,000
Shotgun (range 1.5-6m)                   300                                                 500
Shotgun (range 6-9m)                      100                                                 200
Shotgun (range 9m+)                        70                                                  100
Rifle                                                   300                                                 500
Magnum                                            450                                                 1,500
Longbow                                           350                                                    -
Hand Grenade *                                500                                                 1,000
Incendiary Grenade                           200                                                 300
Flash Grenade                                     0                                                   300
Proximity Bomb *                               700                                                1,500
Rocket Launcher *                            30,000                                            3,000
Explosive Rounds *                           250                                                 500
Flame Rounds *                                200                                                  500
Flash Rounds (Direct Hit)                  100                                                  500
Acid Rounds                                       200                                                 500
Electric Rounds *                              150                                                  500
Nitrogen Rounds *                            100                                                  500
Egg (Rotten)                                      931                                                 2,980
Egg (White,Brown,Gold)                      0                                                    300
Hand To Hand Attack                         300                                                 1,000
Weskers Dash                                   50                                                    100
Finishing Move (hand to hand)          1,000                                               1,500
Transformer #                                    200                                                  500
Oil Canister #                                    500                                                  1,000
Explosive Barrel *#                           500                                                  2,000
Spike Trap #                                     30,000                                              3,000

* You only get 50% of the score if your target adopts their guard stance when hit by the blast wave.
# Any damage caused to the player by traps is reduced by 50%

Weapon differences
Chris (B.S.A.A)  M92F and 3 Hand Grenades .No Ithaca M37 shotgun.
Chris (Safari) SIG P226 (H.G) and 5 flash Grenades.No rocket launcher or M3 shotgun
Chris (S.T.A.R.S) SIG 556 (MG) and 3 Incendiary Grenades.No S&W M29 Magnum or Grenade Launcher.

Sheva (B.S.A.A) M92F (H.G) 5 Incendiary Grenades. No VZ61 (M.G) or Dragunov Rifle.
Sheva (Clubbin') AK-47 (M.G) 3 hand Grenades. No Jail Breaker Shotgun or S75 Rifle.
Sheva (Tribal) H&K MP5 (M.G) 5 Flash Grenades. No Longbow,Grenade Launcher,Incendiary Grenades.

Jill (B.S.A.A) Px4 (H.G) 5 Flash Grenades. No H&K MP5 (M.G)
Jill (Battlesuit) VZ61 (M.G) 5 Flash Grenades. No H&K PSG-1 Rifle or Hand Grenades.

Wesker (S.T.A.R.S) Samurai Edge (H.G) 3 Hand Grenades. No L.Hawk Magnum or Hydra (S.G)
Wesker (Midnight) H&K P8 (H.G) 3 Hand Grenades and 3 Proximity Bombs.No S&W M500 (MAG).
AND Weskers Special moves STILL APPLY!

If anybody wants to ask me anything then ask away, i'll try my best to answer.  afro cool
« Last Edit: April 11, 2009, 05:05:14 am by Leonsfangirl » Report Spam   Logged

I GOT THE HANCANNON !!!!!!!!!!

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Albert Wesker
Tricell's President

Albert Wesker - S.T.A.R.S. Alpha Team Leader

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2009, 12:23:09 pm »

omg I read it all, took a while but I did it, and you did an awesome job!!  Shocked  Shocked  Shocked many thanks jennie, this guide and review will be helpful for registered members and NOT, those who pass through here to collect info and then run away lol  Grin

afro cool well done!  Cool
Report Spam   Logged

Time to take off sunglasses and fight seriously...

There's Something I Have To Do

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2009, 01:09:41 pm »

Very nice Review indeed now reading that i might just buy it but most of my friends now have all sold there RE5 so i got none to play with anymore *crys* lol
Report Spam   Logged

More and more i find myself wondering if it's all worth fighting for. - Chris Redfield RE5
http://card.mygamercard.net/DaZ+269.png
Leonsfangirl

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2009, 02:28:51 pm »

Thanks Fellas  Grin i had serious hand cramp after writing that!

You can add me as i still have it  Wink I'm Jen1zzle, i did want to be Leons fangirl but all variants of it were taking unless i added numbers at the end which i would never remember!  Embarrassed
Report Spam   Logged

Rasko
Tricell's Lab-01 Supervisor
Tricell's Scientist

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2009, 05:38:28 am »

Excellent job Jennie !!!!! Cool
Where did you get this much info its like crazy !!!
Report Spam   Logged
Leonsfangirl

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2009, 06:15:25 am »

If i told you Rasko i would have to kill you   time to hit

Lips Sealed
Report Spam   Logged

Rasko
Tricell's Lab-01 Supervisor
Tricell's Scientist

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2009, 09:18:19 am »

Anyway still amazing job  Shocked!!!!
Dont kill me please  Tongue too funny too funny too funny too funny
Report Spam   Logged
Chris Redfield
Tricell's Employee

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2009, 11:50:28 am »

Yea Jen amazing job you deserve a cookie  afro cool lol yea hopefully i catch you online so we can have a game of Mercenaries and probably by the end of the week i might buy the versus so we can kick butt lol
Report Spam   Logged

More and more i find myself wondering if it's all worth fighting for. - Chris Redfield RE5
Leonsfangirl

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2009, 02:12:55 pm »

MMMMMMMMM cookie!  love hopefully it's chocolate chip  afro cool
Cool if you get Versus, i need a good partner as the people i have encountered so far are butt holes who leave you to die and snatch all the health.
Report Spam   Logged

Chris Redfield
Tricell's Employee

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2009, 02:15:18 pm »

Yes it's Chocolate Chip lol But yea i'll probably pick it up versus mode. So hopefully i'll catch you online on xbox live so we can play some Mercenarie and when i get versus play some of that as well cool2
Report Spam   Logged

Albert Wesker
Tricell's President

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2009, 04:14:12 pm »

You know what people? after reading this whole review actually jen convinced me, and I managed to get some micro points to get it. Tomorrow I'll buy versus mode and I'll start playing with it. I actually did already, and it was funny after all, very anti-re but funny, so since all my friends have it and play with it, and jen managed to convince me that it doesn't suck THAT MUCH, I've decided to give it a try  Smiley

Chris, sorry man if we couldn't play together some days ago, but I had a real life friend playing with me in merc both on-line and off-line, so I couldn't use the microphone or play with others, that would have been rude, but I'd like to play with you sometimes, if you see me online, send me an invite to play, and I'll accept it if I can (if I'm not playing already). I say this 'cause when I host people experience some lags, so I prefer to join other people's games, even if my connection is 7mb so really fast. OK?  Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2009, 01:50:22 am »

Np Wesker i just gotta catch you at the right time lol but yea if i see you on i'll send you an invite and what not.
Report Spam   Logged

Leonsfangirl

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 16, 2009, 02:59:33 am »

Grin
Cool,  afro cool
Report Spam   Logged

William G Birkin

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 17, 2009, 02:53:20 pm »

Nice review Jennie, you actually managed to convince Wesker. Times have changed since I was last online.  too funny
Report Spam   Logged

You have enemies? Good. That means you stood up for something in your life.
Albert Wesker
Tricell's President

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 18, 2009, 02:36:24 am »

welcome back birkin!!  Cool  tzup buddy?! are you ok?  Smiley

about versus mode I keep my opinion on that, in the sense that it's extremely funny if you play that with friends, so it increases the game replayability, but, to enjoy it you should forget resident evil, 'cause it's not part of it. So it's funny and absolutely out of concept at the same time. In other words, just don't think when you play with it and you can enjoy it  Smiley
« Last Edit: April 18, 2009, 02:41:21 am by Albert Wesker » Report Spam   Logged

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum